Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weddings!

2011 will forever be considered the year of the wedding for Melissa.....For I am in 3 of them.. yes 3 weddings in 2011!

Now originally in 2010 I was only planning on being in 1 wedding...One of my best friend Juliann's (and Neal)..... Neal and Juliann had been dating for a good 3-4 years when they got engaged. Neal had told me about 2 weeks before he actually proposed which not only threw me in to total wedding mode, it also made me realize that I was keeping this huge secret and therefor had to avoid Juliann for 2 weeks...which I did a pretty good job of! I only allowed my self to speak to her over the phone, and plus she was going to Chicago for work for a few days so that totally helped.

Although I am sure Neal had other intentions in mind when we told me about proposing...I figured he was just giving me time so I along with our friend Marla could put together this little engagement celebration , which included celebration cupcakes and a big Tiffany's box on the table! ...Flash froward to now...they are getting married October 14Th 2011! Date is Saved!

Then came last May when my sister Megan basically tells my mom and I that her "friend" Matt is really not her friend anymore and they are getting married! Shocked? Yes! However if you know anything about Megan, you know that is her style! Oh BTW....she also tells us she is moving to New York in 4 months and we pretty much need to get everything set in stone before she leaves! Flash forward to now...They are getting married March 18Th 2011..Less then 30 days away!

AND then there was Jessica....Jessica and I met our freshmen year at BGSU when we both pledged the same sorority...and I was thinking about this just the other day, but we have been best friends for close to 10 years! CRAZY! Anyway, Jessica and Ryan had been dating for 3 years when he came home from work on December 30Th and proposed! Of course she freaked out and totally said yes! From that day on, Jessica has been in full blown wedding planning mode, and has literally been dreaming about this since I have known her! Her wedding is November 5th 2011!

So bring on the dress fittings, the bridesmaids dresses, cake testings, wedding showers, bachelorette parties, and rehearsal dinners! I AM READY! And so is my credit card!

No comments:

Post a Comment