Thursday, April 7, 2011

WORK

So my lack of blogging lately can totally be blamed on my jobs! Yes, I said jobs...as in multiple...as in more than one. See most people who have a full time job stop there...but not me, for some reason I feel the need to have 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs! Lets chat about this issue shall we!?!!?

It's not that I can't afford to live off my full time job, because I really honestly could.. if I quit spending all my free time at Nordstroms, J-Crew and Banana Republic. However shopping problem aside, I make enough money to support me and Poppyseed Muffin ( my cat), make my car payment, pay the credit card, pay the cellular and still have a shoe and cute dress obsession.

So with that said, my other two jobs do have a purpose....

Besides working in public relations, I also teach PR classes part time at the University of Akron. I got my Master's Degree from here so when they asked to stat teaching I figured why not! Well 2 years later I am still at it, and at times I like to call this my " Why The F did I sign up to do this again" job. See I really do like teaching college kids, and every semester I do get very lucky to have some amazing students, many of whom I stay friends with and drink with after the semester is over! :) But the problem comes when I am half way through the semester and I am in mid-term hell, or the football players/basketball players need another damn progress report filled out, or the group projects I have assigned are failing miserably because everyone in the group wants to kill each other.

However, I will say that this tantrum I throw usually lasts 1-2 weeks and then I am over it.....Plus the main reason I do this, besides the fact that I do enjoy, it is the money! I make some damn good extra money by teaching, which all goes into the "Melissa's moving to Boston" saving account ( More on this topic later :) )

And then there is William Sonoma...ahhh...my love! :) So I started working at William Sonoma in 2009 as holiday help. I loved it...AND I loved my 40% discount! Although here is a fun fact, I actually spent $76 more than I made that entire holiday season. I put every William Sonoma purchase on Visy my Visa card just so I could track how much I would spend in that store...and it was ALOT! So, this year they totally asked me to come back and I did...and then I stayed on as a part time associate. ( I campaigned! I told every manager like 100 times I wanted to stay on and then asked them 100 times when I would find out if I was staying on!)

See I make ZERO money at this job, I actually call it my negative equity job because literally every time I get paid from here, I buy something. Whether it's an AllClad pan, A knife, A cookbook, A cake pan in the shape of a giant bumble bee because I told myself I would make giant bumble bee cakes all the time. I buy everything. I can't stop! but really how am I supposed to make any money when I get 40% off and I need to build my gourmet kitchen supplies up?

So its not totally my fault for lack of blogging, although I will promise to have better time management skills and continue to blog once a week! My jobs are killing me right now. BUT the semester is over in 3 weeks AND tomorrow is PAY DAY at William Sonoma, which means I get my AllClad omelet pan. Holler! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment